Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
I live in L.A. My Sound Anchors are spiked to the floor - with upside down Symposium Rollerblock Jrs. between the monitors and stands. While I was listening this past summer, a tremblor happened. The speakers rocked and rolled - figuratively and literally. I could have yanked the monitors but I was curious to see what would happen. Never came close to tipping - just like a boat bobbling on the water. If you're interested, you're welcome to stop by and take a look. Aren't some newer skyscrapers in SoCal designed similarly with anti-shock engineering in their foundations?
Steakster, I had the same experience using Rollerblocks and Aurios. Pretty cool.

Isolation of that type runs counter to the recommendation of the manufacturer of my speakers, though.
I understand your concern re: isolation. I utilize several sets of Symposium Rollerblocks and Rollerblock Jrs. at various locations in my system. The two designs operate on a similar concept but are constructed differently. I can be mistaken here - but my intent for the Rollerblocks is drainage; while the intent for the Rollerblock Jrs. is transference - especially in the upside down mode. Call it creative implementation. I totally concur with Stanwal in his earlier post. My Sound Anchors came with Blutak - but, the sound was deadened. With the upside down Rollerblock Jrs, the sound was much livelier.
To get off the speaker stand subject for a moment, Grant, being that you are a strong proponent of "try-before-buy", were you able to demo a pair of the AN speakers in your home before you decided to order?
...being that you are a strong proponent of "try-before-buy", were you able to demo a pair of the AN speakers in your home before you decided to order?
Sherod (Threads | Answers)
Unfortunately, no. There was no home demo available.

I heard them at RMAF, and once at LA HES in 2006, and that's it.