Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
Sherod, I own SP-101 stands, so I will try them. Their design precludes placing the AN speakers as close to the walls as is recommended, which is one reason the Sistrum stands are not ideal for the AN speakers, IMO ( in addition to the earthquake issue already mentioned).

Grant - Sistrum makes a stand specifically for the AN/e speakers. You just missed one for sale: Here's the cached ad
Marco, Sistrum no longer makes that model, but they do have a new model available. I'm aware of those.

For me, the issues with the Sistrum stands are the wide base that precludes placement as close to the walls as AN recommends, and the brass points which do not provide a secure placement in an area prone to earthquakes. Even a small shaker may cause the speakers to slide on the sharp points, thus causing scratches that will immediately decrease the value of the speaker by more than half.
Even a small shaker may cause the speakers to slide on the sharp points, thus causing scratches that will immediately decrease the value of the speaker by more than half.

As you know, I'm up in Seattle, right next to a fault line. I've lived through a couple of shakers myself - one pretty good one where I stood in the door frame of my studio (not enough time to get out) and watched the walls undulate and the floor go up and down (what a truly bizarre sight). No damage to spiked components in my systems that I recall. I'd guess you could speculate on all kinds of risks to your speakers and system. Things could fall down on it, they could fall on any stand you choose, pipes could break, fires could start. Heck, you may not make it through to enjoy your speakers. Life's too short. Isolate freely and without fear. You could always hang them by cables from the ceiling once you've determined the best position (that's a serious suggestion).
Marco, you make some valid points. Call me guilty of wanting to keep my gear as pristine as possible, and of taking the steps necessary to do so.

As I mentioned earlier, I own Sistrum SP-101 stands, and I will certainly give them a try with the speakers.

BTW, the Sistrum AN speaker stands are $1320/pair.
Grant,
Since earthquakes are a major concern, maybe( in order to keep your costs minimized) you might consider a custom stand( mass loaded) to match your speaker measurement requirements and place a special plate designed by Silent Running Audio or perhaps Bright Star Audio on top of it to couple to your speakers. Basically a 6" tall stand with a 2" plate to give you your 8" height requirement. Adona also makes custom stands for speakers.