Skylan vs. Sound Anchor speaker stands? Comments?

Is there an appreciable difference between Sound Anchor and Skylan speaker stands? They both appear well made. Each can be filled with sand.

If you believe one is superior, please explain why.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
Marco, you make some valid points. Call me guilty of wanting to keep my gear as pristine as possible, and of taking the steps necessary to do so.

As I mentioned earlier, I own Sistrum SP-101 stands, and I will certainly give them a try with the speakers.

BTW, the Sistrum AN speaker stands are $1320/pair.
Grant,
Since earthquakes are a major concern, maybe( in order to keep your costs minimized) you might consider a custom stand( mass loaded) to match your speaker measurement requirements and place a special plate designed by Silent Running Audio or perhaps Bright Star Audio on top of it to couple to your speakers. Basically a 6" tall stand with a 2" plate to give you your 8" height requirement. Adona also makes custom stands for speakers.
Sound Anchors made stands for Audio Note before Audio Note decided to make their own stands. The Sound Anchors stands for my AN/J speakers will allow them to get tight into the room corners if that is your desired speaker position. I'm sure Sound Anchors could make you a pair of stands for your speakers if you decide to go that route as they would have the specs on file or they can custom design to your specifications.

Blu-Tac is a good interface between speakers and stands but there are alternatives that may be different, better or more to your liking. I liked Herbie's Fat Dots and I've also tried adhesive cork pads which can be found at any hardware store.
On Silverline 17.5, using EPOS metal stands ST12, the sound is very lively and the speakers disappear, with great transparency.

With Skylans, they sound less lively, disappear a little bit less well, and have a bit less going on.

BUT, there is something beguiling about the Skylan sound. Blacker backgrounds. More lyrical. Something about it just grabs your attention.

At least one of these two stands is very colored in sound!
(perhaps both?)

I can't say for sure that my experience with the metal EPOS stands will translate to the Sound Anchors. But I'll tell you that the difference is very substantial, with the metal EPOS sounding more like what I expect my cds (recordings that I'm very familier with) to sound like, but the Sklyan offering a take on the music that makes me smile.

I'm planning to play with both for the forseeable future, so I can experiment more (e.g. try lighter kitty litter instead of sand in the Skylan), and give each one more time to convince me it's the real thing.

Also I'll have fun demonstrating for skeptical visitors what a huge difference a pair of stands can make :)

I have a clear memory of past occasions where the component that sounded better to me at first did not wear on me as well as other choices. We shall see.

Art
If you browse the search engine for what to fill speaker stands with, you'll find a lot of varying opinions. Some prefer kitty litter, some all sand, some shotgun pellets, and some a mixture of all of the above. There seems to be a repetition in some posts that filling only to the 2/3 level gives best results. I guess some people feel that you can over-damp the stands, resulting in a duller sound. I'm not so sure. I currently have Skylans in my main system and Lovans in my bedroom system. Both are filled to the brim with playground sand. Maybe I'll try the 2/3 full method. Speaking of Lovan, these new Jazz series look interesting:

http://www.lovanusa.com/index.php?cPath=1_9&osCsid=8429fda884027e95d3266782b84cce31