Anyone successful in dealing with Tinnitus?

I have been experiencing ringing in my ears and think I may have it. Any recommendations?
underdog
AL - Thank you. I googled it with Tinnitus and found few articles showing link. I will tell my wife about it.

There was also diet recommended on internet to drink cold water because heating 1g of water by 1 degC burns 1 calorie. People drank very cold water in large quantities until somebody mentioned that food Cal=1000 calories.
I just wanted to report on some sucess! As I remember someone else posting earlier, "silk tweeters" etc... . This shouldn't be taken lightly!!! I recently changed speakers and amp. Both are noted for "smooth" sound. This has been a "revelation". I realize, everyone's situation is unique, but THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE! My life is perfected by great sonics!
I was dealing with tinnitis myself and still do occasionally. It has been an ongoing battle for me. I have sinus allergies as well as a bout of sinusitis and when they get a whiff of something that's on the bad list, I'd feel a bit more irritation and then an increase in the ringing.

I am no dr but I think that the inflammation of the sinus including the eustachian tube, which can travel to the inner ear due to whatever the cause, can bring this ringing on.

Something important that I experienced was, that a tooth infection can be missed by both the dr and dentist leading to a sinus infection. This caused problems for years. When this was finally dealt with due to my persistance, and finally anger (it was messing with my ability to listen to music), the headaches and ringing again slowly dissapeared.