High End Validation

Nice story (to me anyway)…

Had a pizza delivered today before the Lakers game. Latino guy in his late twenties. He’s been working at the pizza store for several years.

The stereo was playing. A solo acoustic piano piece on Paradise Radio.com.

“Nice music”, he smiled.

“Thanks”, I said also smiling.

“Is that a real piano…or the radio...?”, he asked.

“It’s the stereo”, I told him. Validation, I thought to myself.

“I like Beethoven”, he grinned.

The sun was setting on a beautiful Southern California evening.
tvad
What a great thread Tvad. The occasional nice comment is refreshing. My in-laws and kids think I'm nuts.
''I am not forgetting. I am criticising your behaviour'' - Metralla

Looking back on many of your previous ''contributions'' you seem to have a certain pattern of criticizing behaviours which seem to you more important than discussing actual audiophile experiences, music, or gear.

Fair enough if it floats your boat.
Looking back on many of your previous ''contributions'' you seem to have a certain pattern of criticizing behaviours which seem to you more important than discussing actual audiophile experiences, music, or gear.

Possibly so.

I'm fascinated that you looked at my "contributions" here. Must be a slow day at Sonic Beauty's house. I guess you need a hobby.

Regards,
Tvad,

Of course this means that you should leave everything alone now and not change a thing......
It is a safe bet that there is a bit of desire for validation in all of us. The thing is, so few folks recognize the quality or effort that we have put into our systems because they simply are not "into it". Fair enough. When friends walk into my living room for the first time a common comment is "what are those?" as they look at the Maggie 20.1s. Hardly a validation!! I did tell one couple that we were so in love with our small farm that when we moved away I took the matching front doors from the barn with us. They bought it, at least for a moment. We all laughed. When they get a demonstration of the music there is a hint of validation, but really, it is no different than if someone would show me their high-end, tweaked out car . . . it means little to nothing to me. Personally, I like the validation but live quite comfortably without it.
More to discover