Audiophile Addiction

I met a man on Audiogon who had a fairly high-end system and he was selling the whole thing off. I asked him why, which is the purpose of this posting, is that he was constantly trying to find the perfect sound from his audio system and came to the conclusion it does not exist. Additionally, he said most often all of his hours of listening were alone, taking many hours of quality time from his family. In addition, he said he was listening to his equipment vs. the music. He is now very happy listening to background music with his family from his AV system. I don't know, I just wanted to share this story as I myself fall into this trap (made me think).
rpg
Enjoy your music followed by your equipment in reasonable moderation, it is a great hobby. Keep it in perspective and perhaps even give yourself a time constraint. There are other more important priorities and if you don't know what they are, you have fallen into the Audiophile Addiction.
that's the beauty of the internet, audiofile. i can exercise my right to be stupid and you exercise your right to call people names and vent and express your unhappiness. enjoy your freedom!
My appologies. My intent was to share the crazy trap I fell in and coined it an addiction, rather, is more of an obsession, spending the majority of my weekends in my "man cave" as some have coined just wasting huge amounts of time trying to squeeze the last drop of performance out of my system, for me, it's just not right. I need to just STOP listening to the equipment and start enjoying the music and simply be happy and greatful with the system I have. I'm chasing a ghost. Again, my appologies, I can see and understand my poor choice of words.
I'm not an audio Addict, I'm not an audio Addict, it's all of you.

You're all against me, I don't have a problem, you all have the problem with my superior audio system

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah.................