Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Thanks for the tip CT. Will call Bruce.

Dealer is very well known in this community. He makes calls every week.
Bruce no longer has vmail; it just rings or someone picks up.

I have purchased items from Bruce directly, like the carbon fiber arm, new weights, wand, and air pressure gauge. I really working with Bruce, but wasn't sure why this long shipping delay has occurred.

This go around I wanted dealer to accurately setup the touchy Sota/et2, and it required an et piece that broke.
an et piece that broke.

In 2003 I over torqued and cracked the very important end cap.

In 2003 Bruce charged me $45 for it. Back in 2003 $45 also filled the tank of a 65 litre (17 US gallon) car gas tank at 68 cents a litre (3.78 litres in a US gallon),

11 years later, Bruce still charges $45 for the end cap if you break it; but gas is now $1.25-$1.35 a litre now where I live. $45 now barely fills half that same tank.
Pegasus
You don't get steel more elastic than with a perfectly pointed unipivot interface. Then think "it" as an elongated point and you see something like a short subminiature "string" at the end of the point - quite elastic, like a very small piece of microscopic harpsichord string. "Flatter" points like balls have much less of this, and make stiffer bearings
Thanks for feedback - regards the above, this is one of the reasons I chose the Naim Aro as a second arm - it uses a radiused tip in a larger radius cup for the unipivot.
I also happen to believe based on my compressors versus current setup from years ago, that there are advantages in a constant air psi being delivered by a quality pump versus a cycling off and on compressor which is like letting air out of a balloon slowly.
I tend to agree, would you want a phono stage with a constantly changing input impedance.
I wondered if anyone here has investigated the use of variable speed/variable capacity rotary air pumps to provide a balanced load and eliminate the pulsed air supply endemic in piston type pumps as used in most of the compressors mentioned in this thread ?
Something has bothered me for quite a while. I'll ask the question and disappear.

A while back Frogman responded to a post I made on the subject of the regulator I am using stating that he was surprised I could hear the difference between my stated 18.5 psi and other's 19 psi.

I kept wondering why he didn't question Ct0517's ongoing use of 19 psi? Why question me at 18.5 psi and not Ct0517's 19 psi? This, to me, makes no sense.

I'll leave this to all of you....