Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Dover, please advise what colour Allen key Ct0517 should use.

"By the way in your original post you suggest using the short end of the allen key - in fact using the long end in the cap screw, and turning the short end to turn will put less torque on the bolt." Dover
Boy.... tough crowd .... do you agree Dover ?

John47/Frogman - I always seem to have good luck fishing when the lure has a chartreuse color scheme to it.
So I am thinking of getting a chartreuse colored wrench...that is unless Dover advises differently.

Probably be easier to find it when I drop it in the carpet as well. Maybe it will fall next to the loose leaf spring I have been looking for. (Forum readers that have never owned an ET2 and not paying attention here are now heard muttering - what is a loose leaf spring ? )

Frogman - thx for the link. I am a little disappointed that PB Swiss Tools doesn't offer an Audiophile "Woodie" version made from the hardest and densest wood. A Woodie wrench would have (past tense) made a great Christmas gift match to an audio friend who recently tried his ET2 with what he calls the

"ET2 Chopstick I Beam Mod"

If he sees this I dare him to post a pic here.

Who knows ...it might make it into the Annual 2015 ET2 Audiophile W(rap)
Chris, google isn't as good as it used to be: it hasn't brought up a chartreuse key with a dayglo (bright) label attached to the short end reading ... HOLD HERE.