Wiring an Isolation Transformer

I found a pristine, never been used, Topaz (Square D Company) 91018-31 1.8 KVA Ultra Isolator Line Noise Suppressor for $40. Other markings include .0005pF, 50/60 Hz, 120/240, Indoor Type 1, Enclosure Class 1-80 Insulation. However, it has no receptacle or chord.

My first question to the forum, is how to wire it? Could I just take a short extension cord, cut in half, wire the male end to the output side and the female end to the input side? Should I use bare wire under the screw terminals, or should I crimp/solder on spades? What wires go on what screw terminals? Some suggest balanced is the way to go. But some suggest this cuts the power in half, some suggest it doesn’t. Here is an example I found of balanced wiring:

Input:
Neutral (white) to H1
Hot (black) to H4
Ground to chassis

Output:
Hot 1 (white) to X1
Hot 2 (black) to X4
X2/X3 center tap connected to chassis ground and outlet ground.

Is this all there is to it? I am a complete newb when it comes to electrical work. Is this something I can do myself, or should I hire an electrician? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
cpalcott
But some suggest this cuts the power in half, some suggest it doesn’t. Here is an example I found of balanced wiring:
Wired balanced will cut the VA rating in half.....

Wire the transformer 120V in 120V out.

Parallel the two secondary windings together.

Warning: Observe the correct polarity. If polarity is not followed the two secondary windings will buck one another possibly burning up the windings.

Is there a data plate on the transformer showing wiring configurations?

Primary? One winding or two? Input voltage/s? Number tags on leads? Polarity marking?

Secondary? One winding or two? Secondary voltage/s? Number tags on leads?
Polarity marking?
Wired balanced will cut the VA rating in half.....
NO IT WILL NOT. What you will see is 60V between ground and neutral and 60V between ground and hot. You will have 120v between neutral and hot. I have the 2.4KVA version
NO IT WILL NOT.
Yes it will!

You must treat the output rating the same as if it was configured with the two windings in series.