small companies making today's best products

i think the audio research, conrad johnson, rolamd, mcintosh, monster cable, esoteric, etc., are superseded in sound quality by many small independent companies which operate direct to the consumer.

most of the comments praising components of different types seem to mention small companies, who do not have dealer networks. why ?

perhaps innovation with out marketing or other constraints enables creativity and thinking outside the box to flourish.

when i consider my own system, i own cables from small companies, digital components from a medium sized and well known company, and an amplifier from a well known company as well as another amp and preamp designed by a retired professor from canada.
mrtennis
Elizabeth, whatever you say is OK with me. You spent $12k on Bryston? You could've got used LAMMs instead. As I wrote once in another thread you don't allow youself to have the best possible sound for the same or even less money.
Anyway I appreciate your direct response to me. Isn't it a time for "Bitches Brew" ?
No offence taken, Inna. The impression of snootiness hovering around the distain for Bryston in your remark does not matter as i auditioned the Bryston, and found it suitable for my needs.
what you think would be suitable for my needs is not the same as mine. And lucky for me, i get to chose my own stereo equipment.
The tossing out of some product like 'Lamm" "for that you could have bought some used Lamm" i COULD have bought all sorts of snobbish rubbish to impress folks like you. I chose to impress myself instead.