Number of yrs. to reach the finished line?

Ten long years and way to much $$$ lost running sometimes backwards and sideways.

No more for me. I am very happy with the end result and can live a very long time with what I have built.

The Lampizator / Tenor was what brought me to the end and took the longing out of me for better sound.

What say you?
128x128glory
Frankly I found it quite boring at the end. Time to conquer something new.
Well said. Unfortunately, to get to that point requires a journey. I am glad you found your sweet spot, mine came with the Clayton M300's and Tom Evans Vibe/Pulse II combo. Those are two I will not replace, and probably not the Aerial's either. I cannot imagine how it can sound much better without spending $$$$$....
Mitch2, I bet that Clayton & Vibe combo sounds great! I sense they are a great match and sound wonderful together.
06-28-11: Glory
Reaching the destination is where the fun starts. The journey is like hell at times with the loss of $$$ to go backwards/sideway.

disagree with the former, agree with the latter. I like the journey. It can be a $$ sucker, but it's a huge part of why I'm in this to begin with. Trying new gear and tweaking the system to obtain better than what i had before is enjoyable to me.
i agree tholt, the process, or journey, while challenging, can be enjoyable, becuase of the experimentation involved.
How do you know when you've reached the finish line? Before I discovered the "high end", I thought my "midfi" was hot stuff. It wasn't until I wandered into a "high end emporium" that I made a startling discovery. Now that those places are almost gone, where can you compare what you think is the finish line.