Christmas Music and Audiophiles?

I personally really enjoy listening to Christmas music. I find that when it's done well it can be better than just about any other types of music. I even listen to it from time to time throughout the year.

Are there any audiophile Christmas Albums that are worthly of your dedicated stereo listening systems or do you only play Christmas music on your whole house systems as background music?

What are you favorites?

One of my personal current favorites is the Canadian Tenors Christmas album. I have five more Christmas CDs on the way to enhance this upcoming season.
mceljo
I love classics, hate just about any newer attempts at X-Mas music. I do like "Xmas with the Family" might be the only exemption. Especially hate that countrified tune about a kid buying shoes for his dying mommy. I will pass on the sob rag, pass me the barf bag.
I always get a kick out of Jaymz Bee's "A Christmas Cocktail".
Now that I'm thinkin' about it, the Pogues "Fairytale of New York" from their album "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" begins:

"It was Christmas in the drunk tank......" And kind of goes down hill from there. Probably my favorite.
Like a McRib! LOL! Now that's funny! :)

In keeping with the seasonal schmaltz I offer some offbeat collections:

Another Kind of Christmas (Alternative tunes put to traditional songs)

Christmas On The Border (Tex Blues and Salsa meets Christmas)

The Edge of Christmas (an ecclectic mix including David Bowie and Bing Crosby's duet, Cocteau Twins, etc.)

For those who wish to delve deeper into the Christian/Biblical tradition of Christmas I offer:

The Final Word and The Gift both by Michael Card
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Chip Davis with any of the Mannheim Steamroller collection.