Room treatments - GIK Vs Acoustimac

Folks,
I would like to hear from you, opinions on treatments available from GIK and Acoustimac. I am leaning towards GIK, cause I have read nothing but very good user reviews on them. And in one such review I came across Acoustimac panels. Researched them and found that they make acoustic panels using the same material that GIK uses, but at much lesser price points. They also give you the option of buying 1 panel at a time. They are the only ones that have some eco-panels, albeit at a slightly higher price point.
128x128milpai
From the info I found, they use the same exact materials. I can't see how one can have a higher, (or lower) rating than the other. Are you sure you are comparing the same model and SIZE of panel?
In addition to my above post, I looked on both sites and could find nothing stating the rating that Lifeengineer posted? Acoustimac gives a NRC and a SAA rating. I couldn't find this info on the GIK site at all.

Both GIK and Acoustimac use Owens Corning 703 in a size of 2 feet by 4 feet by 2 inch thick, (GIK is model 242, Acoustimac is model DMD-422). These are put into a wood frame with fabric wrapped around and pulled tight. Unless they are using Voodoo, Magic or Alien Technology, these are going to have pretty much the same rating.
I found the GIK fit and finish lacking also but for the money they're ok. I have no experience with Acoustimac.
After going through the internet, I did find out a reason why GIK does not have backing panels. They are of the opinion that leaving a gap is necessary for the panel to be more effective. They think that without the backing panel, the panels will have natural gap when mounted on the wall. Some other experts also agree that leaving a gap between the panel and the walls is desirable.
Mofimadness,GIK does not put their acoustic treatments in a wood frame except the corner traps.The edges are left bare for greater absorbtion .Those that are well read agree with the master handbook of acoustics that leaving a space behind(off the wall) of the panel increases it's effectiveness.This is not an opinion but a scientific fact that can be measured and verified.Again,GIK uses 8lbs/ft material and I am not even sure if 703 comes in a 2 inch thickness,this is not what they use.If you are really interested in acoustic treatments and applications I suggest you get a copy of the master handbook of acoustics.It is a great read and highly recommended .No voodoo,magic,or alien technology just,comparing Gik and Acoustimac with eachother ,they are not apples to apples.If you are really interested you could talk to Glenn at Gik and he can verify what lbs/ft they use,etc.Their specs are listed on the website.