New way of dealing with Low Ballers?

Just saw a new tactic for dealing with offers including unwelcome terms in an ad: "Please make an offer only if you agree to my terms, otherwise I will give you negative feedback."

Does the feedback system allow for this? Should it?
jdoris
It looks like the new system does allow sellers to leave feedback for anyone that makes an offer. I can't imagine a time when I would feel the need to do that. I have at times, depending on my mood, responded to offers so low they were beyond crazy. I usually say something like "good one, for a second I thought you were serious"
I recently sold some amps and had plenty of low ballers. When the offers came in, I just replied "No, but thanks for looking" and moved on.
>Polk< "tell them you'll let them know by tuesday...2035". How about letting them know by the twelfth..."The Twelfth of Never"! (an old Johnny Mathis song).
I'd sold antiques when many attempted bad lowballing, even when OBO was not an offered option.
Occasionally someone would notice a vintage watch I was wearing and make an attempt at purchasing it. Upon informing them that it is not currently on the market, they would try pushing me, something like " cmon what will you take for it" or "everything has a price", etc. I would then answer.. "ok, I'll sell it, just pick your favorite number and keep adding zeros untill I tell you to stop". That always ends the discussion! HA
I was hassled so much for a component on ebay (that I really would have given away) by a person so many times that I let them pay for it, had my friend cut it into 4 pieces on a band saw at a machine shop, then shipped it to them in 4 small boxes. At first (while the buyer was relishing in victory) he thought he was great for making me cave in. I was even kind enough to combine shipping! I made him file a claim to get a refund and he had to ship the unit back to me to boot. I still have 100% positive feedback, but I refuse to allow people to think that they have self entitlement for things they can't afford. At least when I'm selling something. The only thing I felt guilty about was not donating what I could have gotten for the unit to the poor or an animal shelter. Hopefully this will never happen again until at least 2035. Good luck to all.
It looks like the new system does allow sellers to leave feedback for anyone that makes an offer.

This doesn't sound like a great idea. Someone could in principle have lots of feedback while *never* having completed a transaction. Not very informative, to say nothing of the endless potential for disputes; in adjudicating disputes, will the moderators make determinations about what counts as "lowball"?

John