Nasty slap echo

When i clap my hands it sounds like the ricochet sound from a WW2 documentary. I have panels on 1st reflection points but doesn't help. My room is 15x8x22, which are "supposed" to be good dimensions. I did have them drop the crown molding down 4 inches to put rope lighting up there. Was wondering if that is causing the problem. How harmful is this slap echo to the sound? Any suggestions?
streetdaddy
I'm not clear if the slap echo was there before you had the crown molding lowered or not.

A long time ago I remember walking downtown and entered a dome supported by columns (no walls). There was a slap echo as well that got worse the closer you got to the center. It could be the crown lowered molding can be at play here.

All the best,
Nonoise
I just looked at the picture of your room and I see why you have echo. The dropped crown molding is the least of your worries. ASC makes some absorbing panels that would work for the side walls. I would also try throwing some blankets over the leather chairs. Leather is a reflective surface that will cause additional problems.
Thanks for the help guys. I will try these one at a time when i get a chance and see what helps.
I guess i should have labeled this thread nasty slap "ping". I know when i clap in other rooms i hear an slap echo. This is a different sound altogether. Really weird.
I have a set of first reflection point absorbers from realtraps, but they do nothing for this sound. I removed them a few days ago thinking maybe i had my room overdamped.

May try to get some insulation and make some DIY rolls to set on top of the crown molding. Does it matter what R value? What have you guys used to roll them up in? Some kind of black fabric would work best visually. I could have my wife sew some tubes and stuff them, i guess.
How does the room sound? ...Sometimes a little echo can yield very nice ambiance to the music.
I know of at least one such room that has the most amazing bass and ambiance that I would give an arm for.
Picture #1 link here.

Picture #2 link here.

I don't know if trying one channel at a time would make it easier to find or not. But anyway, see if you could have someone walk around holding up a large bath towel (stretched out of course), to try and block that reflection. I'm thinking one channel at a time may be easier, but not 100% sure. Leather is bad for reflecting. If I wear a leather coat, I can hear all kinds of reflections off of it, in comparison to something soft and more absorbent.