Nasty slap echo

When i clap my hands it sounds like the ricochet sound from a WW2 documentary. I have panels on 1st reflection points but doesn't help. My room is 15x8x22, which are "supposed" to be good dimensions. I did have them drop the crown molding down 4 inches to put rope lighting up there. Was wondering if that is causing the problem. How harmful is this slap echo to the sound? Any suggestions?
streetdaddy
Picture #1 link here.

Picture #2 link here.

I don't know if trying one channel at a time would make it easier to find or not. But anyway, see if you could have someone walk around holding up a large bath towel (stretched out of course), to try and block that reflection. I'm thinking one channel at a time may be easier, but not 100% sure. Leather is bad for reflecting. If I wear a leather coat, I can hear all kinds of reflections off of it, in comparison to something soft and more absorbent.
Thanks for the picture links. Hard to really hear it when music is playing. My wife is off today so i will have her clap at the speaker locations and see how bad it is in the sweet spot.
When i walk around the front part of the room clapping my hands it is really bad...clap.ping...clap..ping.
"How does the room sound? ...Sometimes a little echo can yield very nice ambiance to the music. "

That's an important point! It's always useful to understand your room's acoustics and how they are working, but a "slap echo" may be a good or bad thing depending. I've heard some very lively rooms at dealers not unlike yours with significant "slap echo" sound uniquely engaging and lifelike, even quite holographic (in a good way) as opposed to the opposite, ie dull and lifeless!

Even if you can reduce or change it temporarily and listen as a test first using whatever means available, that would be useful prior to making any permanent changes.
Streetdaddy, Instead of clapping at the speaker locations you should be clapping where you listen from. If you want to make this simple put your system on the long wall and you will only need to treat the wall behind your head. Unfortunately you will have to sit beside each other like normal people, but you will have a broader sound stage and you won't have to worry about side walls. You will get a bigger sound stage, better midbass, less room interaction, less room treatment required and you get to sit next to your wife.