Nasty slap echo

When i clap my hands it sounds like the ricochet sound from a WW2 documentary. I have panels on 1st reflection points but doesn't help. My room is 15x8x22, which are "supposed" to be good dimensions. I did have them drop the crown molding down 4 inches to put rope lighting up there. Was wondering if that is causing the problem. How harmful is this slap echo to the sound? Any suggestions?
streetdaddy
Really, leather is a problem? In my well treated room my leather couch and chair have no negative effect. I think leather is a non-issue to be frank.

Perhaps metal folding chairs are a bad idea:-)
Grannyring, Is leather a reflective surface or not? Listen with your head against the back of your leather chair then place a blanket over the chair and listen again. If you can't hear the difference then I guess it is a non-issue for you, but I can tell you it is an issue for me. It has the same effect as having your chair close the back wall only milder. If you don't want to go through the trouble of getting up to get a blanket just lean forward a little and tell me if the sound doesn't clear up a little.
Oh man, that's an empty room, bare walls, nutten' to diffuse/deflect sound waves...hang some pictures/paintings and or heavy drapes to break up all that empty wall space.

I can imagine the echo in there being too much, like speaking in a big tunnel.
Oh jeez, now I gotta go and check my comfy Scan leather swivel/recliner I've been using for years to see if it is mucking up my sound....:-)
Rrog,

No, my Ekornes leather audio chair is not an issue. I suppose if the back went clear up to the top of my head it may be an issue. It does not.

I also have a leather couch in the room. I suppose I should a/b verses a cloth couch.

My room has many GIK absorption panels so I suppose the leather may be a good overall balance. Don't know, but the sound is very, very good indeed.