Melody Gardot coming to Philly

Just wanted to let everyone in the area know that Melody Gardot is coming to Philadelphia September 29th. I had the pleasure of hearing her live twice and she and her band were amazing. While performing different arrangements than what's on her albums, she also does some standards. A true talent. If you're in the area, check her out at the Merriam theater. Tickets went on sale this week.
devilboy
Ps. This should probably be posted under music but I'm glad it wasn't because there were few tickets left.
I am so jealous. The last time I checked, she was only touring in Europe. I'll have to see if she makes it to L.A. as I think she's one of the greatest out there in the here and now.

All the best,
Nonoise
Donjr: I wish it was closer for you but hey, at least you're getting a chance to see her. She is truly amazing. Like I said, she has different arrangements live than what's on her albums. On one song, instead of playing the keys of the piano, she reached inside the piano and started plucking strings! Once while standing at the mike she held something in her hand that was making a "rattling" sound when she shook it, and stomped her high heels onto the wooden stage to keep rhythm while singing some spiritual hymn.....by herself with no band. AMAZING! That's what I want to see and hear when I attend live music: artists that do something different and innovative. I hate when i hear a band and it sounds like I pressed the "play" button at home.
Nonoise. Late September is a beautiful time for a trip to Philadelphia. You can spend a few days and see the sights. Schedule a tour of the McIntosh factory which is a few hours away.