A clue for the clueless

If you are going to use the Auction route to sell your item, do not list it with a reserve at or near the normal sales price. Hello...an auction means you will let the market decide. Sure, put a reserve on it, but that should be a low safety net price, not full value.

Man I see this often. Some clueless person lists their item for auction starting at $0. It gets tons of bids, but never gets past the reserve. Figure it out people. That's not an auction, now is it. If you want top dollar, list it as a regular classified and then wait 6 months for the perfect buyer. Sheesh!
jaxwired
Agreed. I'd also add that, when you take pictures of your item, LOOK AT THEM BEFORE YOU UPLOAD THEM. If they are blurry, take more pictures. If all you have is a crappy cellphone camera, buy or borrow a decent camera to take them. Try to get plenty of light on the gear before taking the picture so that you don't have to use a flash. Finally, clean the item before taking the picture. I saw a pair of (very nice) speakers the other day and the bases looked like they had never been dusted. Psychologically this has a huge impact on a buyer's perception of the condition of your gear. Dick