Any help on Threshold s550e amp?

I have a chance to buy mint Threshold s550e amp by Nelson Pass - asking price about $2500. What is comparable in new amps and what are the opinions re the Threshold s550e. Any help would be appreciated - am currently running Thresholds300 into B&W 801 series two, Threshold Fet10 control amp and phono amp. Thanks.
jdh9
Jdh, I would compare the Threshold to the Mac 352, because the Mac is a very good amp with a large soundstage, good bass, nice body to instruments, a little soft on top. I'd be interested in your impressions of the two amps. If the Threshold compares, buy it.

It is now obvious to me that the S500 I heard, that was updated by a Threshold technician to an 'e' series & supposedly biased heavily into class A, was a lemon. It sounded dead & dull, and it ran so cool, I knew something was not as it should be.

Let us know your audition results.
Those commens are really helpful. The demo of the Mac will probably not happen for a couple of weeks (a dealer in transition, etc). If and when I hear it, will be back in touch. Thanks again.
Finally. I have now had a chance to listen to both the s550e and the Mac 352. To my aging ears, the Threshold had a tighter bass and just a bit less color in the midrange, but these differences were very slight. I have chosen to purchase the Threshold at a price of about $2300 after netting out the value of included premium cables from Esoteric and a five-year warranty from the dealer. The Threshold unit was used as a high end demo while he was carrying that line and is in mint condition. Even with an aggressively priced Mac 352, at about $3300, to have the Threshold plus an extra $1k left over made it an easy choice to me. Please understand, however. The Mac 352 is a very good amp. With thanks to all who commented and I hope this is useful to others.