switching from Tubes to SS

I am thinking of making the switch. I would welcome your opinions on a SS amp (either stereo or mono blocks)

My setup is as follows

Wadia 861 Cd Player
First Sound Pre amp
ProAc Response 5 speakers
Fim Cables
Hydra PLC

Thank you in advance
Brad Fisher
Please explain what is motivating you to make this change. Is there something "wrong" with your current setup that you think a solid state amp would correct? As a point of comparison, what is your current amp?
Yea I agree we could use some more info, I feel there are very few solid states worth using and they tend to be a lot if $$$. They include accuphase, boulder, Rowland, Cello, Halcro all of which are pricey(to most of us) and a good quality tube will sound nearly good if not better in most situations for less-of course there are exceptions. Is there any reason you feel you should change?

Regards,
Tim
After 10 years with tubes I switched back to SS. It all depends on what you like and the synergy of your system. I owned Cary, Wolcott,Roger Majesky amps all of which are excellent. When I heard the Aloia amps in my system is was the best match I liked.Other than sound some of the problems I had was reliability, Constant biasing, tube failure.
I own a pair of Joule Electra 160 mono blocks. I love these amps. I have owned them for a year and a half. I dont think there is anything wrong with my setup. I am just wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.