Is McIntosh still a good choice?

When I was a teenager I was really into stereo equipment. I eventually bought a complete system and thus moved on to other interests in life. At the time McIntosh was highly respected. My grandfather owned several McIntosh pieces and I revered them with their blue glow. Now it's time for me to become an audiophile again and I'm upgrading my system. I still have reverence for Mac equipment and love it's industrial design. Is McIntosh still highly respected, or have they become passe? Should I still consider a Mac integrated amp? I'm also exploring an Arcam A85 integrated. I'll be driving a pair of Paradigm Studio/20s. Thanks!
I don't have a lot of experience with Mac equipment but did have an opportunity to audition the MC602 with my Thiel CS7.2s over a long weekend. Compared to the ML336, Krell FPB300, and Classe CAM350 the MC602 was easily the most powerful, relaxed, and warm sounding amp. On large scale classical works string sections were never steely or hard edged sounding, and horns had a nice colorful burnished tone. If it was my wife's decision the MC602 would be in my system today. She loved it. Perhaps its just my bias, but on more upbeat music; rock, R&B, etc., the Mac didn't get my foot tapping. YMMV.
Tom post is interesting, How do others rate McIntosh with different types of music?
Well, I did it and purchased a 6500 integrated amp. It sounds beautiful, crisp, and soooo quiet. Even my old Boston Acoustics sound good (I'm receiving some Tannoys next week). Ah, the beauty of a true cultural icon. I love it. You can have your techno amp; I'll take my McIntosh.