Question about inverting polarity

I have a Rogue 99 preamp being sent to me and I understand it inverts polarity. Does it matter whether I reverse my speaker connections at the amp or the speaker? Any advantages either way? Thanks.
jimmymac
additional questions....does bridging an amp reverse phase and how does one go about bringing it back into phase if it does? also, how does one know if a cd is recorded out of phase?
I think you can only tell if a CD is recorded out of phase by guessing with your ears??
some recordings are quite intentionally produced "out-of-phase" to maximize soundstage width. the most recognizable of these are "q sound" products, including roger water's "amused to death" and madonna's "music." -cfb
Cornfed and Sugar, thanks for the additional info. I don't know if the BAT "polarity" switch actually reverses phase or not, I'll ask them. That Boulder piece is certainly a marvel, wish I had a chance to hear it, or even see it, around here.
Off topic tangent to Sugarbrie/Monotrub--my FM antenna that I had installed blew down in the recent high winds! and it was only that Magnum dynalab wand antenna. Next time around, I'm going with an actual rooftop installation, hopefully shielded by the chimney.
Just read an article on this.If you have 2 items out of phase--say a cd payer and pre-- no need to change the speaker wire. They cancell each other out. 1 item/3 items;change the speaker wire.