Integrated Amps: Classe vs. Audio Refinement?

I'm in the process of setting up a simple, two channel A/V system. I'll be using a pair of Definitive BP-2004TLs as speakers. Does anyone have first hand experience with both Classe CAP-80 and Audio Refinement Complete integrated amps?

I don't want the sound to be too laid back; I want it to have some life and dynamics. The amp will be used for these speakers only, and future expandability is not a consideration (I normally listen to Apogee Stages with different electronics).

Also, does the Classe "thump" through the speakers? I read another thread that said the Classe CAV "thumps". I wouldn't put up with that.
jamestakamatsu
Classe is a step above. Audio refinment is YBA Mid sector product it is built in China/Taiwan.
Classe is Built in Canada and is a High End product
Natalie...c'mon. My Classe dealer SENT me to ANOTHER dealer to check out the AR Complete. Take one of each apart, and THEN decide which is mid-fi! You'd be surprised.
For $1k the Complete is a wonderful, neutral, refined product.
Subaruguru,your Classe dealer is not to sharp.
Audio Refinement is MFG in China by YBA as an entery level product for people who cant afford the real gear YBA makes.
Sorry No made in China amp desinged with compromises for me.
While I have not heard the Classe CAP-80, I currently own an Audio Refinement Complete ("ARC"), which I purchased to "downsize" my system. I had a Classe Four preamp and compared the Classe Four with a Classe DR-8 amp to the Audio Refinement Complete. The Classe separates were a little more transparent and dynamic. The ARC is a little smoother and more refined, especially in the midrange. The ARC seems to image as well as the Classe separates. That said, I would also add that I used to use Quicksilver Silver 90's monos with the Classe Preamp and neither the Classe amp nor the ARC are anywhere close to the Quicksilvers in terms of midrange richness and overall refinement. I like the ARC because it is compact, runs cool and sounds "good for solid state". It does make a turn on thump when you turn it on but it does not seem to cause any damage to anything.