odyssey amp's how do they compare to others

are other amp's just over priced? could most people tell one amp from another if it was covered with a cardboard box?the stratos seem to get rave reveiws.am I just crazy to send more money on other move expensive amps.thanks in advance to everybody this is a great website
nikonf
Actually, the count now stands at 75 perfect review (not to be taken as either an asserion or a snide remark, just a factaul comment).

KP
Since when does magazine exposure and acceptance equate value and quality? Please, many well known audio publications will proclaim the most expensive pieces of equipment to be the best which is utterly ridiculus. However, without the support of many of the big, expensive well known hi-end companies these magazines would not have any chance of survival. This is simply some of the unfortunate but true politics of hi-fi.

Thorty40, point well taken. And I've heard this point many times before. And because of what I think I know, I have in the past and do agree with you now at least to a very good extent.

However, I kinda' bounce back and forth. For example, when somebody says a product is highly suspiscious and no good, and I've heard nothing but the contrary, then I'll use those same reviews to substantiate my opinion. Even though I don't put much weight into the reviews.

Good point though.

Oh, well. It's just a hobby and 50 years from now it won't matter to me anyway.
The weight of any given reviewers "golden ears" just irks (spelling?) me to a certain extent at times. I understand the urge to feel weary of any products with an undue amount of hype but when its hype from the consumer audio community it seems to be more sincere than the acceptance of any given reviewer.
Not to say that I never read the mags, I do and I occansionally enjoy articles and the comments of certain reviewers at times.

This hobby gets so silly sometimes, I guess the controversy is needed at times in order to generate insightful input to others interested. But at any rate, good listening and always use your own judgment in the end.

Best Regards,
Chris

I've had my Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks for about a year now. They replaced an Onkyo M-508 and an Onkyo M-504. I think they sound fantastic. Made my system sound so much more detailed and musical than it did. In the past 5 months I've also purchased an Odyssey Stratos HT-3,an Odyssey Tempest preamp and Groneburg Quatro Ref speaker cables and I/C's. I've been very impressed with all the products that I've purchased from Odyssey. And their customer service I'm also impressed with. Klaus cares about his products and his customers. And his feelings are genuine. You can't teach that to someone. You either have it or you don't. Enjoy the music!!