Integrated Amp for Girlfriend?

Hi Folks:
I want to get an integrated amp for my girlfriend and would value any advice or recommendations. I hope to spend anywhere from $400 to $800 and am open to new or used stuff. I'm particularly interested in an aesthetically cool looking unit - I am considering the Blue Circle CS integrated, for example. She would be very open to tube designs too(she loves my tube gear). Thanks!
John.
128x128outlier
Hi, thanks again for all the responses. I don't want to spend too much (rather upgrade my own system :-), so would rather spend in the $600 area. I'm still leaning toward the Blue Circle CS as I think she'll like that most and I'm already a happy Blue Circle owner. I think the CS retails for about $800, but I believe a 20% can be had direct from Blue Circle with shipping included if there's no dealer in one's area. Anyway, I'll think about it further. Speakers would be $300 infinity bookshelfs (can't remember the model # offhand). They should do the job. CD player, will, alas, be either a CD walkman or some cheap Sony DVD player (I know, almost sacrilege, but will get her started - I'm hoping the amp will be the first step toward long term upgrades for her).

Dekay, by the way, in reference to an older thread, I took your advice and got loads of IKEA Lack tables for my components - they work so well - I cut all but 3 inches off the legs. Thanks for this cost effective idea (so cheap, that the shipping cost more than the tables :-) Cheers,
John.
I've a correction on the CS price - Blue Circle told me the retail is $1195, and with discount would be $920 plus $25 for shipping, if there's no dealer in the area. So, looks a bit pricey. I've pulled out an old Harmon Kardon receiver (AV10) from my garage that I may give her to get her going ($200 on jewelery may work better as a gift than a $950 amp that she'll only half appreciate ;-)
It may not have tubes or the required "coolosity" but Creek makes some of the best products in the price range.
Problem solved !

Email Walter Liederman at underwoodwally@aol.com for
details on the Jolida 1501RC, a sweet integrated hybrid
amp that costs under $600. I just bought one and it
sings. Your girlfriend would be very happy. Pair it
with a MMF-CD25 (Music Hall) CD player ($500) and you've
got the makings of a near-audiophile system.

Tom, Nashville
Bought my then-gf a used peachtree on agon; she dug keenly the wee tube in front. Had her spring for a pair of Tannoy small floorstanders. 6" drivers I recall. Not a bad starter system, that she'll have for life.