Any opinions on NAD quality?

As with nearly all listeners, I believe the NAD sound to be just about the tops for the money expended. However, I have heard reports of quality control issues (nothing specific) to the point of being much worse than other manufacturers. Along with a lot of other audio equipment, I own a NAD c 740 receiver, less than a month old, and so far it's working quite well. Still, I wonder what's ahead.
jdh9
I've heard the same rumours Sugarbrie posted. Rumour was the transport had no transport screw.
YES I HAVE ------- BEEN A HI FI NUT FOR YEARS
ALWAYS BEEN A USER OF NAD EQUIPMENT . PRE AMP & 2X 2200
POWER AMPS ( STILL GOING WELL AFTER 15+ YEARS ) CHANGED THE VOL POT IN THE PRE IN 2000 BEING THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE TUNER / TAPE / AMP SIDE OF THINGS ( BUT THEIR CD PLAYERS MAY SOUND GOOD BUT AFTER BUYING MY 4TH UNIT 2 YEARS AGO WHICH HAS NOW A TRANSPORT PROBLEM ,SAME AS THE LAST MODEL .AND 2 UNITS WITH DISPLAY & LAZER, I HAVE ONLY
WORD TOO SAY ( S*#T ) I HAVE PERCHASED MARANTZ DVD 4200
IT WORKS & IT MAKES MY TV COME TO LIFE TOO BOOT

SORRY NAD
Unsound-The missing transport screw was in the 512 only and was in the earliest models.It was quickly taken care of.
Rotel has actually had more recent reliablity issues than NAD...mostly pertaining to their 900 series intergrated amps...and my best local dealer...who carries Bryston,Bel Canto,etc...dropped Rotel in favor of the highly acclaimed NAD classic series intergrated amps...I would agree with the assessment that most of NADs reliability issues have been with their CD players...NADs bread n butter has always been its amps...and despite the military pea-green cosmetics...the sound is what is important....and its way better than it should be for the money...
The problems I've had with NAD equipment deal with the CD player (521i) skipping occasionally. It happens about once a month on a unit that is only about 8 months old. Thanks, Sugarbrie, for the links that report similar issues.

Other than that, NEVER a problem (technical, that is). NAD seems like very reliable equipment. I have NAD equipment ranging from an ancient 6200 tape deck (only every had to clean it and change belts once) to the CD player and C370 integrated amp. They are champs.

My complaint about NAD, though, is that bass is inadequate, esp. with their lower end integrated amps and receivers. The C370 is pretty good, but my Plinius 8200 runs circles around it. The Plinius costs a lot more, so it damn well better out-perform the NAD!

That being said, NAD is much more affordable, and if cost is an issue (which it is for many of us), then I think NAD is a good option.