Best Dark Sounding Amp For Bright Speakers?

What is the best amp to drive Infinity Kappa 8.1"s. I have a VTL TL- 2.5 preamp driving a SS amp but the sound is still bright. Thanks for any input.
mfb33
My partner, John Curl, has Watt 1s and the tweeter is hot as the devil so he hung socks in front of the tweeters when using his digital source....Point is the speakers need to go rather than the amp and maybe the old sock trick will get you down the road until the new speakers arrive.....
Can I just make a request that they be red socks until after we have retained the Americas Cup?
Uh-oh... just to clarify things, my comment to "Bob" was aimed at "Rcrump" aka "Bob" regarding the story about the Wilson's that he later filled in. I hope that Bob Bundus did not take this the wrong way. I do agree that some softer sounding Mosfet stuff does work well with brighter speakers though, so i guess my comment could have gone both ways. I guess i need to watch my P's and Q's and clarify which "Bob" i'm talking to in the future. At least this time, no harm was done : ) Sean
>
Well this isn't the first time that I've confused between the two of us; probably not the last either...
So you chose the socks over mosfet's?
Oh man I've just gotta see this for myself; I'll be over tomorrow if not sooner ;-)
That's just gotta be cheaper than some of my tweaks; I only used a $500 set of Nordost titanium Pulsar points to help tame my digital - & that's not to mention the Zoethecus shelf, & mega$ cables - yikes!