Cable length

What the cables is better to keep shrotest way, speaker or interconnect?
If I make my speaker cables 8'- I need to use interconnect
between preamp and amp around 2m.
If I make my intercoonects under 1m I have to make speaker cables 12'.
My system:
preamp Linn Kairn
amp Golden Tube SE-40
speakers Vandersteen 2CE.
And, by the way, probably somebody has something simular-
what the cable better to use?
Thank you for your help.
simon9408009
Unsound: Just as there are well known professionals that agree with me, there are going to be just as many that will argue the opposite point of view. I am not going to say that i am "right", only that i believe what i do based on the above technical reasons and quite a bit of listening experience.

I presented the above info so that others might have better understanding of the situation from this specific point of view. Hopefully, someone will provide rebuttal from the other side of the fence. This would allow us to compare notes and possibly learn from each other. After all, that is what these forums are all about, exchanging information, sometimes from opposing points of view, so that we can further our understanding on technical subjects and various products dealing with audio. So long as we can do this in a civilized manner, we all win. Sean
>
Great post sean,the speakers I use, decapo i's,have virtually no crossover so I believe the resistive load my push pull class ab tube amps see is quite low which is why my volume setting never gets passed 11:00 o'clock.The little vtl tiny triodes at 25watts triode pack a wollop with a twenty five foot run of wire.I believe its best to have equipment far away from speaker vibrations and in my case the rack is on the side of the room with a couch next to it for damping/sitting purposes.This setup will be advantageous when I buy a table which will be less excited than if it were between the speakers.
Sean, I agreed with your origianl post and I thought David A. Wilson's article mentioned some other significant points as well.
I knew where you were coming from Unsound and appreciate the support. However, i just wanted to make it clear that there are obviously different takes on the same subject and i'd love to hear some of the various points as to why they think / feel the way that they do. Sean
>
Of course there are practical limits. Adequate distance from components can keep all kinds of grundge (EMI, RF, etc.) at bay.