What is the best amplifier for Rockport speakers?

I am interested in viewpoints on power amplifiers for Rockport Technology speakers (Merak, Antares or Hyperions).
banpuku
Kana813, I also sell audio products so I would take anything I say with a grain of salt as well! Manufacturers normally only like their own gear so I am way too partial, but have used the Rockports now for a decade and know what they like in terms of power and control....I use solid state gear as I use my system to voice products and it must sound the same from day to day....I also own tube gear I use to keep a handle on where we are and where we are going.....You can get down the road with either technology and no it isn't necessary to spend a fortune on amps for the Rockports as used a borrowed Quad 405 Mk II here for a month or so it took to get a broken CTC amp put back together a few years ago and it wasn't just a horrible ride, just a little slow and a bit bright......Music still played 24/7 here.....
Ban - I'm neither a dealer nor a designer. I'm the guy Bob Crump refers to who is using a Rowland Model 10 - with my Antares. I tried the following before deciding on the Rowland: Symfonia Opus 10, Levinson 334 and 336, Pass X350 and X150, Sierra Denali, and the CTC BBQ (a modification of the Parasound 3500). The Rowland was significantly better - in MY system - than the others. That is NOT to say you might not get different results. I also agree with Jonathan regarding the Tenors working well with Antares - not from first-hand experience, but from talking to Andy Payor and another Antares owner. I do not agree with Jonathan, however, regarding the Tenors being "...the absolute best match for the Rockport speakers". I personally would be careful of opinions stated that way - but maybe that's just me. I suggest you call Andy (207-596-7151), as he is clearly the person who has heard the speakers with the widest variety of amps. My experience is he is very honest and "above board". One more thing: Bob did not mention his latest creation (well, he contributed significantly, that's for sure): the Parasound JC-1 mono amps. I have reason to believe from reports I have heard that these amps will be better than my Rowland Model 10 on the Antares. These amps were designed by John Curl, with Bob and Carl Thompson contributing with regard to parts and layout respectively. These are, in a sense, really CTC amps; although Parasound has them built to spec, warranties them, etc. Given what's involved I understand they could have cost close to $20,000 for the pair, if manufactured by CTC. With Parasound involved they are $6,000 for the pair. I would recommend that you at least consider these amps, if you are not inclined to stay away from solid state. I can tell you from experience that the CTC Blowtorch preamp is a wonderful product. Good luck. In any case, I will be very surprised if you are not happy with any of the Rockports. Very expensive - but the single best audio decision I ever made.
John, I remember saying to you that Rockport gear was a bargain and it truly is....We'll see how the JC-1s do for you with that 7' ceiling....