What preamp for my Shahinians?

I am driving my Shahinian Diapasons with a Rotel 380/channel solid state amp. I could spend up to about $6000 on a preamp. So far the ones I have heard in my system were not that impressive. (I currently have a Belles solid state).
The Plinius CD-LAD didn't sound as good as the Belles. The Hovland HP 100 had great mid-range but rolled off the bass too much and had tube ringing at high volumes.
It seems like finding the best preamp might take a long time. Can anyone suggest a pre-amp that might be good in my system? If your not familiar with Shahinian, I'd say they sound like Quad 988's but have more bass and play louder.
Thanks
holzhauer
I bought my Diapasons a year ago and started to drive them with a McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp, already to good results. Later, I had the new McIntosh C 2200 tube preamp, which was excellent in giving more and preciser soundstage, more natural sounding voices, better defined pop music, you name it. After that, I compared it to a C42 and C200 preamp. The C200 is even better than the C 2200, especially if you do not listen only to classical music, but dynamic pop music as well.
At a dealer's premises, I compared the preamp part of my own MA6500, the C2200, and the C200, running them with the amplifier part of the MA6500, and with a MC352 power amp. I found that the differences between the preamps were much greater than between the power amps. So I bought a C200, and the results are amazing. Given the fact that the C2200 costs 4500 $, and the C200 $ 6000 or more, the 2200 certainly is the better bargain. You should already be able to find one on Audiogon, I think. The Macs and the Diapasons work excellently with LAT International interconnects and speaker cables.
The Shahinian website recommends solid state for these speakers and the Plinius in particular - Have you heard the Plinius 102 amp? It is 125 Watts but HIGH CURRENT, with some novel design characteristics that may make it more appealing than the bigger Plinius. I heard this amplifier and its companion pre driving Quad 989s. VERY impressive sound. Unfatiguing, detailed and musical with a deep, wide sound stage.
I AGREE THE 102 PLINIUS IS AHECK OF A GOOD AMP,LIKE
THEY SAID PETER THOMPSON USE THOSE SPEAKER TO EVALUTE
GEAR, I ALSO HEARD THE 102, ITS 3 TIMES BETTER THAN
THE SA 100, remember the sa 100 is included, one that almost
redifine the class a category in stereophile.Try it
102 is worth to listen.
PLinius is great.Save money an buy bedini classic 200. This is peter's #1 amp.Check his web site.You will have to spend over $5000.00 to beat this amp!no advertisment no press. save your money and bye.