Ok this will be a good thread.

What in your opinion is the most important part of a good 2 channel system. Or what has the biggest impact on overall sound. For example if you feel Speakers are most important, or Preamp, Amp, Source. I am not looking for a ss vs. tube debate, just what do you feel is most important.

I will start:
I feel speakers are the most important part. I know lots of you are going to say electronics, but keep it to one part, like Preamp, Amp, etc.
Steve
musiqlovr
Speakers-NO Source-NO the real winner is.............. the amp. Speakers are the personal choice made in a system that not only reflects the sound you like, but also the style you want sitting in your room. The source is only as good as the media put in it. Tell me you can't hear the differences in CDs or records. After you have the personal "taste" in speakers chosen and an array of hopefully top quality sounding media, the amp is the one thing left that can take you other items and bring them to life in a soft-or-small way to a POWERFUL-AND-BIG way. For some, it is the warm and soothing sound of tubes, to others it is the all powerful control of 1000w that grip the speakers and makes them sing like a mad wife with her hands around your balls! The same speaker when chosen can live with both of these areas of enjoyment. AMP AMP AMP
that's the best damn description of the sound of a 1000 watt ss amp i have ever read. hooo ha!
Good Zap, Zapper!

That was very nice 6chac; I liked the bridge one. Is the flag waving or our minds? Maybe both, or neither, all at the same time, but since no "time" only NOW, but since no not-NOW, not NOW either..."The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflections, the water has no mind to receive their images."

You know, the hell with all this Zen crap!!! (in the best Judeo-Christian sense of the word...), I'm going with the AMP too! Big Macs, Big fins on cars, more food, more stuff, fill me up, up, up! fill up the space bewteen the singer with her BIG sound, fill it up, up, up, fill up the No-thing-ness that is only Nothingness to me, fill up the bridge/not-bridge paradox, fill it! fill it!...then, finally, I'll be safe and happy with my BIG sound. :0)

And then, well, I'll be a man...
For me,the most important considerations are the compatability of the components and the system's fit in the listening room.
You could take expensive pieces,mismatch them,have them too large or too small for the room and end up with an expensive mess. You could take value priced pieces,match them properly,attend to their compatability with the room and end up with a good result.
Asa, yes in relative term, you are right. Man are always differents, knowledges, levels... Last question, since when you're not a man?

Twl, so what do you see?
... Coastline...

Zapper, did you say "personal" taste? Thankyou! Hahhaha....