Ok this will be a good thread.

What in your opinion is the most important part of a good 2 channel system. Or what has the biggest impact on overall sound. For example if you feel Speakers are most important, or Preamp, Amp, Source. I am not looking for a ss vs. tube debate, just what do you feel is most important.

I will start:
I feel speakers are the most important part. I know lots of you are going to say electronics, but keep it to one part, like Preamp, Amp, etc.
Steve
musiqlovr
Marco, truly sorry for your loss. Yes, they have souls...

When they pass, that is when we confront the unknown, or what we percieve as Darkness. I understand. But ask, when the "I" defines inside and outside as Darkness, as a postmodern "no exit", what "me" is created?

From there, can we love?

Be still.
Thank you for your kind words William & Mark. Rest assured Mark, that through the darkness I can also see how bright her light was. The light lingers even in her absence. I do celebrate her light as well as well as mourn the loss of her companionship. Were I lost in the darkness you would not be reading these words here at all.

You are surely right Mark, they do indeed have souls.

Marco
Marco, I've been through that recently also. Very sorry to hear that it has happened to you. I thought that I couldn't get another dog, after that happened. But after 3 months, I couldn't live without one, either. I finally got another one, and it made all the difference in the world. You can't replace them, but you can love another one. When you feel like you can, then give it a try.
You guys are getting me crying again! Thank you all for caring for a relative stranger. Twl we are blessed with a second wonderful angel of a dog who was Jax' companion for the past three years. His name is Diesel (appropriate for a 115 lb Bullmastiff). He misses Jax as much as we do and I think keeps wondering when she's going to show up again. Perhaps in the future we may consider yet another to be Diesel's companion. You are right though, there was only one 'Jax' and no other like her. Pardon the digression to a subject far from the topic of the post as well as from stereo gear in general. Those who share my love for dogs can get a few smiles from some pics I've done of Jax on a friends website here She made a whole lot of people smile in her lifetime. Thank you for the latitude and bandwidth to share her with all of you.

Marco