Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
Krelldog, it is a tale, never, never a lie. C'mon now, you know better than that. When I bought my amp(used right) and cdp, I got the speakers for free! Did you know Home Depot sells blue bi-wire speaker cable. Did you ever go to a garage or estate sale and find something nice. Used cds for $3.95. It was broken, and still under warranty, dealer could not fixed, so I got a newer model, demo of course. Enough of that. Get her some flowers, dinner and a movie, then you are all set. Good luck and be cool.
Well Ive used the old credit card trick. Lets say you make a $2000.00 purchase. You give the dealer $1201.00 in cash
and when the credit card bill comes in its see Honey, it was $799.00 ! The things we do for love.
I don't think I'd live in the same house with my wife,
if I honestly believed she accepted and understood
me paying over $400. for power cords.
Of course I spare her the actual details of this hobby,
it's my responsibility. Plus, I'd like her to stay
another 12 years.
For me, honesty is the best policy. Besides, it's none of her f*#2@!?< business. Our bills are always paid on time, we have money in the bank, and money in an investment account. Where's the problem? On top of that, I don't go to bars, I don't screw around, and she always knows where I am. Listening to music is about as pure as it gets and I think she probably feels about the same way.