Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
Generankin, you're a lucky devil indeed! Was that an Acoustics Research phone you were using?
The only lie I've told so far is perhaps the most common as well--

"Yes, honey, this is my last upgrade for a while."

Yeah right...
What!? I have never deceived... Oh, wait, I'm among friends.
Yes.
My trick is usually to downplay the cost of the purchase and state the true resale price.
"Man, I got a great price on this Bryston 4B-ST. How much you ask? Only $800 US!".
Six months later...
"Man, I sold my Bryston 4B-ST for a great price. How much you ask? $1300!".

I only wish that someday she will realize that I am the victim:)
Vvrinc, got it about Greek islands. Thanks for the heads up. I'll do the kitchen reno, maybe build in a couple of speakers...

Generankin, you have supplied more evidence to prove that the female ear is subtler. As if we didn't know. Still got the Breuer ?
Not yet,but soon. She just keep telling me about the stuff she bought and stored away. (Prep for when she make purchases)