Desperately seeking the elusive tube sound

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to convert my SS system to an all tube system and came up with some bothering questions:

Q1: If you have a tube CDP and an SS pre and amp, when listening, are you listening to the tube CDP or to the SS pre and/or SS amp?

Q2: If you have a tube CDP and a tube pre but with a SS amp, are you listening to the tube sound of the CDP, to the tube sound of the pre, or to the SS amp's sound?

Q3: If you finally have an all tube set-up (CDP, Preamp, Amp), when listening, to which tube sound are you listening? Is it the 7308 of the CDP, the 12AU/12AX7 of the pre or the KT 88's of the amp?

Q4: Do I need professional help?

Thank you very much. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this.
docjr8156
I have found good synergy using a SS CDP/DAC combo (although hoping to upgrade to an all in 1 piece sometime soon) with a tube pre and a hybrid amp. I would recommend a tube pre for sure, and SS amp, unless you are willing to spend a fair amount for a tube amp like BAT or Cary.
Thanks for the info guys. I can't afford the "Big Boys" of tube amps at this time but hopefully in the near future. Yes, if ever I'll go with BAT.
My voyage into tubes started with a Tube CDP, i couldn't believe how much better it was than SS at that time (mid 80's). Then i bought a tube pre-amp. Now even my SS CDP sounded OK. Upgraded my tube CDP to Trans and DAC (late 80"s). Then i got new speakers, very revealing, now amps sucked. Bought tube amps. It finally came together in spades! Were i to start over today, i'd probably pin down a good neutral tube pre-amp and start from there to tune my system and room to get the sound i like to hear. Probably the last components i would buy would be the front end items.