Why is there so much Rowland gear for sale?

There seems to be an excessive number of Jeff Rowland products for sale on Audiogon. I happen to be one of the sellers. In the past there would be 8 or 10 items for sale but suddenly there are double that amount of items and they seem to be selling very slowly. Does anybody have any thought on why?
lbsilver
I agree that going from a Model 2 to a 302 is unlikely. People may be going from the 2 to a Model 10 or 12 or 112, though.
Jfz, That may be their intention but sadly, they aren't going anywhere. What a bummer to have a $5800 amp that draws no takers at $2200. That's only 38% of retail on something that is still just like new. Look at the pictures of these amps in the ads. They look great.
If I take it to a personal level and ask myself why I don't want to buy one, the answer is that I have a Concentra. Perhaps the existance of the integrated is what has short-circuited the sale of basic amps.
Why aren't you (or anyone else) buying one of these Model Two amps?
Another issue to consider is the price and scarcity of the matching preamp. A Concentra can be had without phono for an average of $2750, whereas a Model Two and a Synergy One would set you back nearly $5000 if you get the best price ever to appear on Agon on both of them. That's a whopping big difference. Once you throw in appropriate interconnects, you've probably doubled the cost.
Pure speculation on my part but the numbers support the theory. However, who knows what anybody else is thinking?
Macrojack- Just to answer your question: I'm not buying one of the Model 2s because I have a Model 10. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else. For what it's worth - I don't think it's necessary to use a matching Rowland preamp (and I'm not).
Wow!

Lots of activity on this thread! I use my Model 2 with a Pass Aleph P pre-amp or my Adcom GFP 750 pre-amp, or the way I currently use it-with the variable out on my Sony XA7ES player directly into the amp.
Yes, Rowland & Pass make expensive gear. And YES, most of it is exported to the Asian market.
You don't have to buy new, then both brands are much easier to afford..............
I'd buy a Model 2 but how much will I loose if I don't like it and decide to sell in 1 month?
How much, if any, better is it than Musical Fidelity A3.2cr or Audio by Van Alstine Fet valve 350ex or Blue Circle BC22 mkII? These amps are ~$1,700 new / $1,100 used, more power and newer technology too.