Let's forget about being politically correct

I thought this would catch the attention of some of you. I have for the past 10 years used a SS amp and tube preamp. This was the prevailing wisdom with alot of audiophiles in the 90's and even today. I am look for a change in my amp/preamp, who out there is using a tube amp with a ss pre? How does it sound? What combinations have you tried?
bobheinatz
Dammit you guys, I think my head's going to explode. And I was looking forward to a relaxing long weekend (Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays for many up here in the Great White North), but now this stuff is going to be running around my mind as I try to understand... ;-)

Exceedingly intersting discussion BTW.
Mghcan, very perceptive. Do you think the spinning is intentionally wrought? When the mind spins so fast and oscillates as its assumptions are deconstructed, at the point where it stops, when it must stop, then, at that point of silence, where are "you"?

The space where the mind stops = silence

The space-of-mind where deep music is listened to = silence

The place before the Big Bang = silence

Below thoughts, the sound of your truer nature, the sound of being = silence

Silence = silence = silence = silence

0 + -0 = +/- 0 = 0

Where are you?

An old Zen saying, "The game is not to become someone, but to become no one". Yes, Unsound, all arises from the silence of "(no)thing"
Well said, Asa

To add to that of Asa's;

When one don't need; a particle of dust is not to have ((no)thing).
When one need to use; the whole world is available.

Walk in the house, walk out the house; freely I say. :-)
6chac, backward, forward, cyclic, its all a matter of perspective. Things in motion tend to stay in motion. With in us and with out us. Where does begin? Where does it end? Can we truly seperate? Or is seperation just a convient concept? BTW, whats up with all the computer graffiti? Asa, I actually agree with your point of our differing points of view. Furthermore, I agree with your critisim of my point of view. But I see my point of view as a journey not as an end. Perhaps I'm wrong, but your point of view seems to aim for an end. Is an end a possbility or is it just the extension of the journey?
Unsound,

- Where there is no beginning, there is no end.

- Within you (part of you), how come it doesn't see your lungs, stomachs, etc...
- Without (outside of you not part of you); how come it doesn't see your face.

So where is it now?