A pair of "warm sounding"6922 tub

Hi:Can you guys recommand a pair of "warm sounding(maybe the warmest)"6922 for Audible Illusions Modulus 3A.I am currently using SIEMENS CCa;happy with everything,but warmth.THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
jitmingl
The NOS Brimar 6922s are warm/soft when in my Sonic Frontiers Line2SE. The Brimars are relatively inexpensive too. SF probably still has them. Cheers. Craig
I like the Siemens (used CCAs, Falcons), but agree they don't have the warmth of the Telefunkens; I like both, but for different reasons and for different music. I also like the Amprex 7308s, but also feel they aren't as warm as Telefunken. RCA made a great tube, very warm and detailed, but not as detailed as any of the ones I mentioned above, however for the price, I find them a tough tube to beat in my Sonic Frontiers Line 1.
Be careful when buying Mullards. You want ORIGINAL TUBES from the '60's or '70's. There are people (no names!) selling mil-spec Mullards, in white boxes that were manufactured in the '80's. I am familiar with the 12AU7 variety, marked as a CV 4004 KQDD/K with no Mullard name on the tube (manufactured in 1985). THESE ARE PURE CRAP....noisy and microphonic as hell. If there is also a 6922/6DJ8 version, stay away from it like someone with SARS!!!! This garbage is NOT THE REAL DEAL, NEAL!!!
I use the most expensive Amperex in my Audible Illusions 3. It's worth it. Here's the best link I know of.
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/scripts/d.pl?audio/faq/joes-tubes.html#6DJ8-2

p.s. Don't even waste your time trying to find a "deal". I'm a miser and I don't even waste my time anymore.
I recently did some rolling with an Audiophile buddy with 6922's in our ARC-LS2B's. These amps are hybrid designs and use only a single 6922 tube so YMMV. In fact I believe observations regarding specific tube types would vary widely depending on what hardware you are putting the tubes in, so take all advice with a bag of salt. The LS2B's are definitely sensitive to tube choice. We rolled Tele CCa, Siemens CCa (Rohre) and Mullard E88CC's. Both of us liked the Siemens the best for the detail and focus it seemed to bring mostly in the mids and upper register. Of the three the Mullard was the warmest sounding, but at the expense of focus, and didn't seem to have as much dynamics in the mids and upper ranges. Since then my friend has been using a recommendation of Kevin Deal: the Rocket 6H30 and seems to like it VERY much. I understand it is not compatible with all hardware that uses a 6922, but cannot expand on that as I don't know the specifics. You may want to check those out too as they'd save you some $ at around $25-30 each. I have not heard it myself, but do respect my friends opinion.

Mdomnick and Dudeaudio: I need an education here regarding Amperex (you both mention using their tubes). I was under the impression that Amperex as a company did not actually manufacture tubes, but instead sourced them from various manufactures. Of course other companies do this as well but I was under the impression that Amperex exclusively sourced it's tubes and actually never owned or managed manufacturing facilities of their own. Is this true, or have I been mislead in this information? I have some wonderful Amperex 12ax7's that were actually manufactured by Tungsram in Hungary....just wonderful tubes for my application.

Good luck with your quest Jitmingl!