Mc Intosh Need The good bad and ugly?? Should i

HELLO
THINKING OF BUY A MC 602. ANY COMMENTS? OR ANY OTHER MC INTOSH STORIES?
THANKS
TUBE OR ELECTRONIC
BOB
pilotif1
i own the 602 and use it with a c22-ll preamp...it is an amazing power amp....although rated at 600watts per channel it performs as well as my quad ll jubilee mono blocks when it comes to realism....and its rarely used more than peaks of 20 watts per channel to drive anything from charles lloyd to deep purple...it also hits bass notes more articulately than any other so called brute of an amp on any commercial loudspeaker i've had....a tremendous build quality to boot,,,go mac go!
I won the Ls-360 speakers and WS-350 surrounds. I am commenting because I am extremely impressed with the customer service at Mcintosh. Best company that I have ever done business with. I wish that I had purchased all Mcintosh gear. With my speakers, they have given me very specific advice on how to place them and even tips on inverting the tweeters if I want to sit closer. They are very quick to respond. FIRST CLASS SERVICE!!!
I have the MC602 mated with an Hovland HP100 linestage, driving the B&W 803Nautilus, and the sound is awsome. Prior to this, I had the MC352 and the C2200 tube pre, and I was also very happy with the clarity, neutrality, and coolness of the amp. It never run hot, unlike other brute amps out there.
I don't know why so many people are knocking Mac stuffs when they didn't even give it a chance to listen to Macs, and at least check out the built quality of Macs.
Email me if you have any other question.
Cheers,
Tim
Hey Ljgj how do you like the c2200, I have a mc352/ c42 and was thinking of changing preamp. By the way I beleive the MAC owners get the last laugh. Heat in class A equ. has a big affect it will slowly show signs due to the heat(in the shop again) while MAC owners have to deal with a bubble in the faceplate glass say in 10 or 12 years from now. David
I moved my C42 to my second system after trying out the C2200 - it is one fine piece and brings a more natural sound to the match.