Preamps for $300 to match with B&K st-140?

Im trying to get a little more warmth and power to my JM Labs Chorus 706's so I picked up a B&K st 140 amp. Now I need a pre to go with it. I want something under $300 that has a tone bypass, and maybe a phono input. Im going used so vintage is ok. Tubes are good too. Thanks for the help!
bundee1
I use to use a Rotel with a B&K ST-202 which was a fine match. I also tried a NAD which sucked!

The best combo I found was an FT Audio LW-1 Passive Controller which took a veiling away from the sound. If you need a remote controlled capable there is always Creek,Bent and a few others you might want to consider,but a Passive I think is the way to go for transparency.

Good Luck!
Do you remember what model Rotel? Ill look around for an FT audio model as well. Thanks. Anyone else with this amp, who has a suggestion?
I have used a Counterpoint 7.1 tube pre with the ST140 for a long time. A very musical combo. They can be had for 275.00 to 350.00 pre owned.
I'll put in a vote for the B&K Pro 10MC preamp. Stereophile Class C in it's day. Nice phono stage, external power supply, balanced output, can be used as a passive preamp. I used one for several years and thought it was a pretty impeccable for it's $850 list price.