SAE A502 on the fritz - again. What next?

Have had the 502 since about 1990 and it has served well enough. About 3 years ago one of the channels became fuzzy and I took it for repair. The shop had it for about two months. It came back repaired . . . and a bit shop worn - apparently the shop owner wanted it for his shop system. . .

Anyway, it was repaired and operated flawlessly until this past weekend. Now the other channel is fuzzy. . . . I am not sure I want to spend another $300 to have the amp repaired. Maybe it makes sense to do so and thereby avoid spending two or three times that amount on a new amp.

Let me know your opinions? (If replacement is suggested let me know your replacement amp of choice. Thanks in advance.
audio_newb
Time to switch amps. Depending in your budget, think about integrateds that will suit your speaker efficiency. What is the budget? This is the most important question.
A simple answer: Out with the old and in with the new. Difficult to beat the NAD 320BEE for a low priced decent integrated.
I am definitely looking for a new amp. At the same time, I may consider a speaker change. I have two systems; one in the living room and one upstairs in the office. The living room consists of:
NAD 1600 pre
Adcom 700 CD
SAE 502 Amp
Infinity Overture 2

Office sytem was just built consisting of the following inherited components:
McIntosh 32 Pre
Denon 670 CD
McIntosh 2105 Amp
Infinity bookshelf speakers - unknown model
McIntosh 74 tuner - not yet connected as my source material is primarily CD

So, while I am addressing the malfunctioning SAE amp issue I am also considering moving the larger Infinitys up to the office. My wife is concerned about footprint size and overall appearance. She does not object to the notion of a set of Magnepans but we have not yet audtioned them.

I would like to keep the new amp between $750 and $1,000. No set budget for replacement speakers but probably $1,500 or less.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome