Comparing digital amps

Who makes digital amps and what are the thoughts on them individually? I've searched the archives and here's what I found:

PS Audio
TacT
Spectron
Bel Canto
Carver
plus Panasonic and Sony

I'm looking for a summer amp because my 100 watt tube amp is just too much for our AC-less summers. I'm curious about digital amps for several reasons including that they run cool. I'm looking for a good value, but would also like to hear about the more expensive units. I'm curious about the ability to run my transport direct into the amp (but I don't this can beat an Audio Note DAC). Most of these don't appear to be available for demo nearby. Any informative comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.
budrew
I also bought a Carver 1600 for under $800, and sold my Classe 400 after hearing more bass, dynamics, openness, and volume from my 86db Mirage m3. They have an adjustable input so you can use a pre that has from only 2 volts to as much as 30 volts or more and match it nicely. The best deal in audio right now that I know of.
I've jumped the eAR ship to swim in the new H2O. This is a startup company that produces the affordable ICE based amp. The H2O has a robust analogue power supply to match the ICE module's analog modulation. It has 150,000 micro farads of power capacitance, and a kilowatt transformer. On the back of it's aluminum black anodized case are Cardas connectors. The H2O is fully balanced. The stereo model of this power house of a class D, is a modest $2k. The mono pair sells for $3k. I ran the stereo model successfully on my 1 ohm speakers.

People are leaving their EVO GENII amps, and, of course, a myriad of conventional amps in favor of the H2O.