SA-XR25 or SA-XR45 ?

The only diffs I can detect btw these models is:
DTS: 96/24 supported on XR45
"Multi-Source Re-Master Processing"
# of digital inputs (3 vs 4)
Remote control (custom vs universal)

Here are Panasonic's links to both:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=F&storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=63386&catGroupId=11135&modelNo=SA-XR25&surfModel=SA-XR25]XR25
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=F&storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=63385&catGroupId=11135&modelNo=SA-XR45S&surfModel=SA-XR45S]XR45

I found the XR25 for around $220 (vs around $290 for the XR45).
My main interest is stereo MP3 playback (*not* movies or 5.1).
Why should I pay more for the XR45 ?
Will this "Multi-Source Re-Master Processing" feature make a significant diff for MP3s ?
Thanks !
captainbeyond
Don't forget that the XR45 has a beefier, better power supply than the 25. I opted for the 45, and haven't looked back. Worth the xtra $$ as Plato says.
I use the XR25 with no regrets...My next buy will be the XR70 that comes out in July or August.This one will have direct digital with DVD audio compatibility.The biggest diference between the XR25 and XR45 being the XR45 has a variable volume control circuit. Where as the XR25 is set at a fixed voltage. Other than that.. they use the same chips and power supply.Some guys actually use a battery power supply in place of the variable control capacitor.

Go for the XR45 if your planning to buy now. These are the ones being modded. I bought mine based on local availability ..being if it didn't work out I could take it back. That never happened so it's being used until the XR70 hits the market

Also I hope your speakers are up to par..believe it or not this little unit will show the weaknesses in your speakers..if there are any. Plan to hear your cds the way they were recorded good or bad..they will all sound different.
I've never heard those amps but I do know that Captain Beyond is one of the great unknown rock bands of the 70's.
Just a week ago, I ordered a 45 from Videodirect or one of those places, but they came back a few days later and said it had been discontinued and they couldn't get any. However, they said they are being told March or April on the XR70, so I'm going to believe them on that and wait for the 70. If it turns out to be July, I'll be pissed.
The Re-Mastered fields will have an effect on playback as I have tested them for regular recordings,but not for MP3's.

In any event the unit is well worth the $$.I think it is the best deal in affordable audio right now unless you use analog.

From some others comments it beats out some great Rotel gear and others.As for myself it bests my older Rotel gear and falls just shy of my Passive setup which cost around $1500 without having the ability for HT.

You might want to wait for the XR-70 model,but if you have no need for HDMI hook-up why wait.

Panny

Great deal!