Favorite SS Amp?

And the search continues. I am always looking for better. I currently have a pair of Dali Euphonia MS-4's which I love. I am using a Sherbourn 7/2100 which is a fine amp but not exactly what I am looking for. Ideally I am looking to go back to just 2 channel. Based on size and WAF constraints, I am limited to a stereo amp that will be in a cabinet so heat will be a consideration, although the bottom shelf could conceivably have 5-6 inches above it for heat dissipation if I went to a Class A amplifier. Budget is a consideration. Really not looking to spend much over 3-4K used. High current and respectable power would be a plus. Sonic signature is very important and big soundstage as well. Thanks in advance for all of your good input.

Good Listening,

Steve Bachman
Phoenix, AZ
sbachman
Sim Audio W5. It has the bass and slam of a Krell and the finesse of a Jeff Rowland. Can't go wrong...
Plinus & Sim Moon-Neither have I heard,but from what has been told they would be a good match for my speakers.

Any amp that is good synergisticly with your speakers and Pre would be a favorite.

I would take a LAMM any day though! Baaaaahhhhh!
In my system, the Pass Aleph 3.

Blew away my previous SS amps: McCormack 125, Musical Fidelity 3CR, Bryston 4BST, Proton D540.

On the other hand, the Aleph is the only pure Class A amp I've ever heard in my system.

Patrick
I really love my NL-12; it may very well be my amp for life, I believe. No heat, extraordinary bass, very natural voices, unabrasive but detailed midrange, non-tizzy highs, nice depth. It just gets out of the way. As good as Lamms I have heard with my same speakers (Kharma 3.2s) with superior, tighter, more absorbing bass.
I used to have a Pass X350 (for 3 years); the Pass had nice mids/highs, but strange forced, foggy, upper bass. Lower bass was deep & detailed, though, but heat was a big prolem. They have a 30% off sale at Edge for a couple of weeks.
Ayre V-5x...Beautiful to listen to and very nicely finished too!!!
All the bass you need for most listening rooms and a sweet unfatiguing top end.