Favorite SS Amp?

And the search continues. I am always looking for better. I currently have a pair of Dali Euphonia MS-4's which I love. I am using a Sherbourn 7/2100 which is a fine amp but not exactly what I am looking for. Ideally I am looking to go back to just 2 channel. Based on size and WAF constraints, I am limited to a stereo amp that will be in a cabinet so heat will be a consideration, although the bottom shelf could conceivably have 5-6 inches above it for heat dissipation if I went to a Class A amplifier. Budget is a consideration. Really not looking to spend much over 3-4K used. High current and respectable power would be a plus. Sonic signature is very important and big soundstage as well. Thanks in advance for all of your good input.

Good Listening,

Steve Bachman
Phoenix, AZ
sbachman
I really love my NL-12; it may very well be my amp for life, I believe. No heat, extraordinary bass, very natural voices, unabrasive but detailed midrange, non-tizzy highs, nice depth. It just gets out of the way. As good as Lamms I have heard with my same speakers (Kharma 3.2s) with superior, tighter, more absorbing bass.
I used to have a Pass X350 (for 3 years); the Pass had nice mids/highs, but strange forced, foggy, upper bass. Lower bass was deep & detailed, though, but heat was a big prolem. They have a 30% off sale at Edge for a couple of weeks.
Ayre V-5x...Beautiful to listen to and very nicely finished too!!!
All the bass you need for most listening rooms and a sweet unfatiguing top end.
If you can find a cj Sonographe amp,outstanding as is anything to with cj is.Al
Another vote for Pass Labs, particularly if you want Class A, all the Aleph series sound great, natural, detailed. I use the 3, but at only 30 watts you may need more power. They are also, of course, quite cheap, in my view a bargain 2nd hand for what you get. Yes they run really hot and power consumption means they should'nt really be left on all the time. The new XA series look interesting. Nelson Pass claim they combine the best of the Aleph and X series, but thet are very seriously expensive