Lamm M 1.2 against Tenor 300 and Boulder 2060

I own a system based on Avalon eidolon with Halcro electronics,EMM labs and NBS black label and Kharma enigma cables.

I´m insterested to change the electronics for the a hybrid amp, as Tenor 300 or Lamm M 1.2 or for the Boulder 2060.

I will be pleased if you can help me, almost I´m interested about to know how compares the Lamm M 1.2 and the Tenor 300, also one important consideration for me is the relation price/sound quality, the Lamm seems to be less expensive, around 40% than the Tenor.

I demoed the Boulder, sounds well, but not much much different or in another league than my Halcros, which is your opinion?.

Finally which preamp do you think I will need to be used with Lamm M1.2 or Tenor 300, new CJ ACT2? Aesthetix? Wyetech? CTC? Connoisseur? Lamm?

Thanks to all for your advice.
batiportbf80
Tom: I know the amps you listened to and I assure you they were not the same sounding as what everyone else is hearing. Those amplifiers needed to go back to the factory and the dealer kept putting it off for months. Even after my continued insistance, he kept letting people audition the amplifiers knowing there was something wrong.

When the amplifiers arrived at the factory, they were severely under biased and sounded very lean and underpowered.

Regarding the OTL's going to Fbhifi, he had heard them for quite some time and greatly preferred the Hybrids.

All of the people that have heard them outside of where you did your auditioning, greatly preferred them to the OTL's. They agreed that they sounded identical in the harmonic structure and texture, but the Hybrids exceeded the OTL's in terms of clarity, dynamics and control.

Even the person who let you audition them, agreed that the Hybrids were superior. I assure you you did not hear a proper setup.
Hi Jonathan,

I guess I should try to get a chance to hear them again along side the Tenor OTL. Based on what I heard I certainly can agree with you and others on the issue of control and overall dynamics.

As to concerning harmonic purity, texture, and timbre I would need to compare for myself because in those areas it wasn't even close. I really do wish I get to hear them again and come up with the same conclusion as you and others.

As you might be aware of I'm a huge Avalon fan and I recently purchased a pair of Eidolon Diamonds. There is no way on earth the Tenor OTL can drive those speakers so the Hybrid would be a God send if it worked out.

Hey Randy, nice to hear from you and I'm glad you are enjoying the Tenor 150 along with your new speakers.

Happy listening to all and enjoy!

Tom
My two cents if if means anything. I had the Tenor 300's and Randy brought his OTL's over my place. To make a long story short Randy as you know is the proud owner of the 150 Hybrid and he is very particular about the midrange like me, plus the bass has to sound perfect and that is what you get from the Tenor Hybrids.

Michael
Tom: I just delivered a pair of Hybrid monos to a customer with Eidolon Diamonds. The amps did not sound good on them until after about two hours of being plugged in. They replaced Halcro DM68's and the differences were night and day. As the amps break-in, the sound is really opening up nicely.
Two people whose ears and judgment I trust outside of my own, one who has earned significant success as a high end speaker manufacturer for quite a few years, evaluated the hybrids and the OTLs and preferred the OTLs which were clearer and more refined. It really depends upon the speaker load, as where the hybrids may be a better fit is where the impedance curve is not relatively benign. If the speaker is more difficult to drive, there are other amplifiers well worth auditioning, no names mentioned to avoid conflict of interests and self promotion.

Brian