Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Al,

Thanks for your report on your experiences with the HDP-5. I like your step-by-step approach of evaluating the bypass mode in comparision to your previous set-up. I look forward to hearing what differences you hear in bypass mode once you have had a chance to listen and compare for a longer stretch.
Unsound, when I speak of the DEQX as being an "artifact," I am only saying that it is a component that is stuck in the signal path. Period!! Of course, its very purpose and function is to change ... and quite significantly so ... the signal when engaged.

Stated differently, IMO, the best scenario is one in which one's speakers are already *perfectly* time aligned and the room is perfectly neutral. Ergo, no need for the DEQX at all. But alas ... such is NOT the case with my rig and I suspect with most others' rigs.

Bottom line: 2 steps back and 5 steps forward. Net positive sum improvement, which I believe the DEQX has achieved for me.

@Al ... just an fyi. When Larry the DEQXPert time aligned my speakers, he had me shove a bunch of pillows or seat cushions in front of my speakers. The pillows attenuated the fist reflective floor bounce off the woofers. That may help with your speaker correction results.

@Psag ... your anecdotal experience is consistent with what Al reports. Your results are indeed amazing and good to know since I too am a DEQX owner.
Congratulations on your purchase Almarg - I think it's very good to do the first run through of the measurement and calibration process in situ. I dragged the system outdoors when I first did this but realised a few days later that I should have done a few things differently so had to repeat it again. You will learn a lot during the first few weeks and it does take time to understand everything fully
My wants list from DEQX (after 4 years of use):
1. A detailed manual so that adjustment is easy even for tech-challenged users.
2. The ability to tweak right and left channels independently, to partially compensate for hearing differences between my right and left ears.
Psag, I think that you can adjust the gain on each channel independently in the control panel.