Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Software manual is here: http://www.deqx.com/downloads/DEQX-Cal_Installers_manual_v2.91.pdf
Good luck with your installation Al. I did find a manual online, and it does look quite comprehensive. Good to know that I'll have something to do someday when I retire.
I originally made a number of indoor measurements & the closest I managed to the result outdoor was by lifting the speakers onto a small table in the centre of the room so the driver set was roughly equidistant between floor and ceiling with the mic about 3' away and centred between the drivers but slightly higher towards the tweeter (which will be in line with your head during normal listening). Place the speaker at the extreme front edge of the table surface, even better if you have something the same width as your speaker to minimise reflections.

Place as much soft material as is practical on the floor between speakers and mic, ie a mattress if possible or several sun lounger cushions etc. You will not completely kill the floor reflections and there will be some from the ceiling but it does help

The measurement should show a point where reflections become apparent (very clear and distant outdoors but much less so in a room) and where the truncation can be made. For me, no matter how good an indoor measurement, the resulting calibration never managed to lose a slightly unnatural or hollow sound. Measurements outdoors, although a massive PITA, is so much more accurate if everything is done properly. Patience really pays off with DEQX - if you are inquisitive, make several attempts, take advice from Nyal and with experimentation it will be worth it in the end. You have the flagship processor so make the most of it and good luck!
A new DEQX review:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue79/deqx_premate.htm
Al, yes, the minimum measurement distance will vary depending on speaker size, less for a two way and more for a large panel speaker. There are no hard and fast rules. Obviously the further away you put the mic the harder it is to get a reflection free measurement.