WAF Alert: McCormack DNA .5 on Vandersteen 2W sub?

My wife would like me to place my McCormack DNA .5 on top of my Vandersteen 2W sub for home decor reasons(I have to admit it does look good up there, all enthroned on it's own massive pedestal as it well deserves., kudos to Steve..). I have the amp on the McCormack supplied sorbothane pucks with the short tiptoes inserted in the recess, all resting on pennies which have funtak under them. So far sonically after a brief listen there seem to be no glaringly apparent negative effects. Anybody else doing this or am I crazy or perhaps deaf ? maybe I should build a custom sand isolation box like jax2 has done?
bibasset
Hi Gunbei,
Actually my wife came here since she was a little baby. So she's very much Americanzized :) She just has no interest in my audio hobby nor she really cares for how much I've spent on the gears. BTW, she makes about twice as much as I do. Call me lucky, I guess :)
Hi Bibasset - I did not see your post until just recently.

Obviously, setting your amp on your subwoofer is not something we would normally choose to do, but I understand that we don't always have an ideal situation. In fact, the top of the Vandersteen sub is fairly "quiet," so if you have to put it on your sub, this one is better than most. The DNA amps have good damping feet built-in, so this will help to protect you from high-frequency vibration - there is not much you can do about low-frequency energy. (Please be sure to use a thin paper or plastic coaster to protect your subwoofer's finish from the damping feet.) Other types of feet may change the sound so you should feel free to experiment, but they will probably not change the low-frequency coupling. You have several inches of separation between the DNA-0.5 circutry and the subwoofer amplifier, so I don't think you have to worry about electric or magnetic field coupling at all.

Move the amplifier to a dedicated stand if you ever have the opportunity, but if marital bliss demands you leave it on the sub in the meantime, I suggest you defer to the wife ;-)

Best regards,
Steve McCormack
www.SMcAudio.com
Tell her that her friends will think she's cheap for not putting it on a dedicated stand. Nothing to manipulate a woman like another woman's opinion of her.